Proper Followers

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Running me ragged!

DIET DELI
Okay, first up is the diet. Or should I say the non-diet because I don't actually start the diet till Christmas eve. The plan is, and I'm sure all six of my regular readers and one of the two casual readers and the occasional reader of this bloggage, is already sick and tired of hearing this, but here I go again, I'm going to lose the weight first and then go on the diet!
RUNNING
All I ever seem to do these days is run around like a headless chicken. Everywhere I look there is something else to do. There are quite simply not enough hours in the day to do everything that needs doing here. Apart from all the chores and the extensive re-building of this house there is my son Jack. Jack expects me to do absolutely everything for him. He wants all his dinners making and all his clothes washing and he needs lifts to here and there and bus fares and clothes money and ... need I go on? However, I guess that that is the parents lot. On the other hand, if I didn't have all these things to do, what would I do? Would I be any happier? Any richer? I don't suppose I would, so I better put up and shut up!
HALF WAY HOUSE!
In the weight loss stakes, I'm on day fifty with thirty four to go. So, I've crept well past the half way mark without even noticing. It is so easy to lose weight, I say this not as a boast but as a warning. The difficult thing is maintaining that weight loss, any fool can lose a few pounds but not many can keep it off for very long and herein lies the challenge. Once the weight is lost I need to make sure that I don't allow any of it to creep back on. Easier said than done, I hear the experienced dieters out there exclaim!
MANCHESTER CON-GESTION MADNESS
I don't wish to say much more on the subject of the con-gestion charge in Manchester apart from the fact that the whole thing is an exercise in madness. Okay, so this is where I stand on the issue. Vote No!
METROLINK
I was very happy to see that some of the former Fallowfield loop line, which has been left untended for many years now, has been cleared of the overgrown trees and rubble in preparation for the laying of new tracks for the Metrolink tram/rapid transit expansion. The bit of waste land, re-claimed is between Firsway and Chorlton, there may well be more already done but I haven't had a chance to go and check it out yet. On the downside there are still many hundreds of miles of dismantled railway routes in this region that there are no plans to restore.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for commenting on 'The Land of Cheese Fondue' - I'm a technophobe, I'm not sure if this is the place to reply - I tried before, but I think I just wrote to myself.

    Vincent, just outside the Land of Cheese Fondue (they wouldn't let me in)

    ReplyDelete